How To Marry A Geek
- First, make sure to meet your betrothed in one of three places:
- online, preferably in a Star Trek chatroom
- in line for the new Star Wars movie, you know, the one they haven't finished making yet
- at a con - doesn't really matter what kind
- Print 'Live Long and Prosper' on all your wedding invitations
- Register at the local comic book shop
- Arrive at the ceremony not in a limo, but in the Batmobile
- Instead of formal wear, dress the wedding party in Starfleet uniforms
- Replace the wedding march with music from the Mos Eisley cantina
- Have the minister use your screen names
- Write your own vows. Use phrases like 'the truth is out there' and 'with great power comes great responsibility'
- Use replicas of the ring of power for your wedding rings
- Processional music: Theme from Star Wars.
- Serve Romulan Ale at the wedding reception
- Dance the first dance to the theme from Roswell
- Spend your wedding night on Spider-Man sheets
- Spend your honeymoon staring at the fence around Area 51
© Spiletta42 2003.